Friday, June 25, 2010

Warning!!

Someone please explain to me how this could happen:

Last night while I was waiting to get a skype call from Chris on my computer, I fell asleep. The computer was next to me on the bed. I woke up because my arm was hurting. I feel my arm and there is a welt on it. I turn it around to see a huge burn across my arm. My computer burnt me.

Important information if traveling abroad:

Some doorknobs are in the middle of the door.
Keys do not always work very well. It might take you four or five minutes to open your door. Therefore, do not run home with a murderer chasing you hoping that you can get into your house quickly. You cannot.
The tank to the toilets are above your head.

4 comments:

  1. Great blog Mary. Glad you are enjoying yourself. Don't burn yourself again, and wear the appropriate shoes and gloves in the appropriate places. And it took you three days to realize you should set your own alarm clock? I don't think that is just a Spanish thing. Haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't run into the door knobs in the middle of the door yet, but the rest pretty much holds true on my adventures. I find that instead of running from the murderers here, you need to face them head on. The police don't do much for you and the doors aren't very kick resistant. Even if you did have time to make into your home, they are still going to find you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to comment about the computer. If the fan port is blocked, your CPU can heat up very quickly causing other parts of your laptop to get hot. They normally operate around forty-five degrees Celsius in laptops. When they get hotter than that and the heat isn't vented, the case of the laptop can get hot enough to toast your arm. I got a little table with stubby legs for my bed, I used to use a little whiteboard. Something like that will keep the fan port open while you are working on the bed, and if you use one, it should keep you from getting burnt again in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the advice. lol But no, Uncle Doug!!! I was under the impression that they would be waking us up. They had been doing that the whole time. Why else would she ask me what time I wanted to be woken up. lol

    ReplyDelete