Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Tk

One of Tk and my's favorite bands is called needtobreathe. P.s. You need to buy their cd Outsiders. Oh, and you should listen to this before you read anymore: Something Beautiful. Just click on the link, and then hit the back button when you are finished.

I have been walking around with my iPod in my ears. Needtobreathe is the soundtrack to my walk. I talked to Tk the other day and told him that he needs to just listen to this entire cd and walk around Spain. This is why.

I was walking home. Something Beautiful was playing, and the volume was all the way up. Loud. I could just feel God. I was walking along the Aquaduct on the back side of the college. For some reason it was just so easy to worship. I couldn't help it. I started singing in English, outloud. By this time, I was pretty much on one of the main streets. People started to shoot glances my way. I didn't care. I just needed to worship. Needed to tell God that I need him to touch me. That this place was so amazing, and I knew that His presence was all around me. But these people all around me looked so sad. So cold. I have noticed that so many people here walk with their heads down. They don't say hey, they don't smile. Sometimes they do, but for the most part, I find them alone. I just want God to touch them. Something beautiful just needed to touch them. I kept singing. I felt so pure, so clean, so loved.
I wanted Tk to be there. Desperately, I wished that he could have been walking beside me. He would have enjoyed it. He would have loved to have been worshiping with me next to the Aquaduct.

No comments:

Post a Comment