Thursday, July 8, 2010

How do you say "I just threw up on your floor." in Spanish? : /

: /

So...on Tuesday, I went back to mi casa around 3 p.m. I was just going to take a nap, a little nap. I woke up at 10 p.m. that night. It was dinner time. I sat with Fuen. We ate pasta. Well, Fuen ate pasta. I looked at it. Swirled it around my plate. Put a few pieces in, and never wanted to eat again. The food was fine. My belly was not.

I went back to my room. I did not finish dinner. I sat on my bed facebooking Heidi and Tk about not feeling well. Whoops. And then I puked. To be the most considerate of those who have weak stomachs, I missed the trashcan. I ran to the bathroom to clean myself up.

I then facebooked my professor asking him to tell my madre that I just threw up on her floor...no, the rug : ( I felt so sick. Right after, I went to the living room to tell Fuen and my madre that "He devuelto." I threw up. "pero, en el piso." Fuen understood this part, because she then made a really gross face. Yep, that's right. On the floor. I'm so sorry. I had no idea. Not only was I feeling sick, I was feeling awkward. Not to mention, who likes to be sick when they are not at home with their mommy!?

My madre comes into the room to clean it up. Does she first look for the spot on the floor? No. Does she instantly clean it up? No. Does look straight at my feet and very sternly ask me why am I not wearing my house slippers? Yes.

Seriously? I just puked my stomach, and you are concerned with my house slippers? Good thing I am taking this entire trip in good humor. I apologized for not wearing my slippers, put them on, and then apologized for messing up her rug. What a night.

Well, of course, I am fine now, two days later...but she still will not let me drink cold things, nor will she let me eat katchup, mustard, fries, pork, cheese...you name it, and "it will upset my stomach." haha Oh well. At least she didn't try to throw me to the doctor this time.

P.s. I'm fine. It must have been a 24 hour bug. No harm. But, I am wearing my slippers even as we speak...

1 comment:

  1. Your madre might be my favorite person in the world!!! hahah seriously. I feel like she has more control over you than I did in the dorms. If only we could live in the dorms again, I would try to be more like her..

    But dude I'm sorry you weren't feeling well. but good news, you have a hilarious story to tell now!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete