Monday, April 5, 2010

Orientation is Over!

One orientation down, lots more to go.
I did learn a few things:

I have a huge to do list. I need to contact financial aid. Just made a meeting with Mrs. Crawley to see if I can get a loan for the trip. Filled out summer survey for financial aid. Waiting on confirmation email from GCSU. Then have to check GSU's webmail to see if they have received the information. Need to call Suazo to see if my classes are actually registered for (maybe an email will suffice?). I need to let my bank know about my trip to Spain, so they don't freak out at the "random" charges to my account. I need to find out if I need to change my phone plan as well...I am going to need to be able to call home at least a few times!

I have to do this INST 2985 Study Abroad Seminar because I am not going with GCSU. It's actually kinda cool what they have me doing for it. Oh, and I get a 1 credit for the "class". I will have to stay in contact with Dwight Call from GCSU by email while I am over there, and I will be updating him a few times, letting him know who things are going. I have to read the Spain Guidebook from Lonely Planet. I will like this, cause it requires me to learn about the country before I go over there. I also get to choose a book of my own liking. I will have a paper on the books due before August 16, the start of fall classes. I also have to write a paper about my primary research in Spain, based on any topic I want! This will be exciting. I think I want to write about family life in Spain.

That's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. Me gusta mucho leer tu blog:0). Creo que debas escribir en español y inglés para las que hablan más que inglés :). Bueno, no te olvides prestarme el libro después de que lo has leído.

    ReplyDelete